Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Some Thoughts

Hello blog world!  Time for an update I guess.  This past weekend was the Prince's first baseball tournament for his 8u travel team- Virginia Hitmen 

We had a lot of fun but of course at 9 in the morning it was coooold!  The blowing wind didn't help either :(  Here is some of us moms trying to keep warm.

The Prince played 3rd base mostly but tried out catcher a time or two.  I thought he looked so old in all that gear!  Where did my little baby go?  :/  

(catcher)

(He is the one batting)

I've told you about the classes my church offers on Wednesday night (Financial Peace).  The next series included a quilting class so I'm going to do that!  Yes, that officially makes me a nerd and an old lady but who cares!  I'm happy with it!  And hey, some of my 'young' friends are doing it too so there!  ha

This is the pattern we will be attempting 

My fabric selections for the squares:

Monday was the attack on Boston.  I don't even know what to say.  The fact that things like this are continuing to happen over and over again is such an ominous sign to me.  It just doesn't give much hope for the world my child will be living in.  I think I referenced this earlier in the blog but I was probably born in the wrong era.  I was thinking about this last night..I sure do wish I was born in the 40's and raising my child in the 50's.  Obviously each time period had their own problems and nothing is ever perfect but I do feel it was a much safer time in our country and children were free to be children.  There wasn't as much killing or political and moral issues. *Sigh*.  I personally can't resolve these issues but it's a reminder I think in how to raise my son and values to teach him.  

1 comment:

  1. I also wanted to be a teenager in the 50's. Poodle skirts and tight sweaters. So cool. Yes it is a sad time. We have hope though in Christ.

    ReplyDelete